Wednesday Night Walkies
First Wednesday of Every Month. There is no cost to participate in this walk.
This is an invite to all of my previous and current students.
On the first Wednesday night of each month at 7pm sharp we meet for a social group walk.
This is not a training walk. Instead it is aimed as getting your dogs out and about in a fun, challenging for some, social and no pressure environment.
There is no charge to participate in this walk.
All dogs are at different levels in their training and everyone has different expectations for their dogs.
Read the rules below and send me a text 0488 315 784 if you intend on joining the walk.
There are a couple of locations - please contact to confirm which location
#1 Meeting point: Kangaroo Point (under the pacific motorway bridge or toward the cliff side on the grass - depending how many turn out).
Walking from kangaroo point to Southbank - along the promenade and turning at the Wheel of Brisbane.
The walk takes approximately 1 hour and is approximately 5 km.
During the walk your dogs will experience other dogs, new people (walking/jogging), children, prams, restaurants, strange noises, cars, bikes, roller blades, brisbane city cats and ferries.
#2 Meeting point: Roma St Parklands - 5 Parkland Boulevard, Brisbane.
Walking through the parklands - via children's playgrounds, fountains, coloured lights, ponds, over stepping stones (in the pond) etc
I will bring one (maybe more) of my dogs and show you how we incorporate fun stuff in to our walks (you will also see that we are not perfect either ).
Parking is available (though at times can be difficult). Some areas are free and others have metered parks.
- No check chains
- Dogs must remain on lead and under control at all times.
- Your dog must be suitable for this environment - if you think your dog will be worried or uncomfortable this walk is not for them.
- Watch your dog (and those around you) at all times - observe body language - refer back to previous handouts or here for a refresher.
- Be proactive and make choices for your dog if they are concerned.
- Keep dogs out of each other's space and don't approach another dog without first asking the owner.
- Keep leashes loose with any interaction and avoid allowing the leashes to tangle - this can create panic.
- Have fun with your dog!!
- Bring plenty of high value small meaty rewards.
- Don't feed another dog without asking the owner - some dogs may have food allergies and some dogs may resource guard food (especially if another dog is close or if it is accidentally dropped on the ground).
- Don't forget your poo bags!
- Bring water for you and your dog.
Hope to see you there.